Re: [IRCA] OT TV converter boxes

I need two converters for my mother in law's as she gets her TV from an antenna setup which I maintain for her.

Please let me know what Zenith model and where to get them in the US. 73 KAZ

Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] OT TV converter boxes

DO NOT PURCHASE A RADIO SHACK CONVERTER BOX. THEY ARE
JUNK. DO NOT PURCHASE A MAGNAVOX FROM WAL MART.  They
have mediocre sensitivity. The Zenith is one of the
best. You WILL have to have an outside antenna. If the
HDTV has the same chipset as the converter box, there
WILL BE no difference in reception.  Most cases the
digital power is 1/3 or LESS the analog power. It
would be NICE if the stations could run higher power.

Powell

--- Mike McKenna <way2twohot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Patrick,  You may have to save your money and buy an
HDTV set.  Lots of problems with the converter boxes
-- in areas with poor or average signal.  Coverage
of HDTV is only about HALF or 2/3rds of the Analog
coverage area.   In your 'fringe area" -- you might
not have enough signal for the converter to work.
You may need to buy a full HDTV set.  And even then
-- you might not get a great picture.  --  Check out
the local Radio Shack store.

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net