[IRCA] HAWAII-830

 John H. Bryant wrote:

Thanks for the tips on Hawaiians! It used to be so easy just to sit on 830.... wait until Mr. Sun killed WCCO about 90 minutes before Dawn Enhancement and there was Hawaii... unless conditions were totally awful. And then along came KNCO in Grass Valley, California. The Albertan was never a problem, but that %#^%@^#% in Grass Valley sure messed up one of my coastal joys!

I remain mystified as to why I seem to be the only one in the Puget Sound area who gets a KIRO image on 830 (2x770=1540 - 710=830). CKKY is occasionally able to override it; KNCO and WCCO have been heard once. It is readable on all the units listed below plus the car radio. I thought for sure when KIRO went off for maintenance last year that they were going to fix this, but it didn't happen. I wrote them after the maintenance period to try to find out what they purportedly did fix but did not get an answer. I am very pleased that they went off (I netted KFIA and LA) and hope they do it again some time, at which time I will DX 830.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 + Kiwa air core loop