Re: [IRCA] First DJ in 1909

I have about 2,000 78's in my collection. I have about twenty of the old
thick Edison records (flat but thick) that were made 1900-1920.  They
can be played by a stereo styllis as the sound is on the sides of the
groove. I also have an old 1903 one sided Victor (I think) of a
conversation of two Irish Washerwomen.
Flat records (hard rubber) were made from the 1890s along with the
cylindar records. I have only one cylindar record which I cannot play as
I don't have a cylindar phonograph.  But even at over 100 years old, the
records are still in good shape.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager