Re: [IRCA] upcoming software defined radio

Quoting Craig Healy <bubba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > http://www.rfspace.com/SDR-IP.html
>
> Very nice!  The only thing that disappoints me a bit is the fact it says
> "intranet" and not "internet".

yes, I wondered about that also; perhaps this is so preliminary that they only
know they can make it work on a local network, but not in the wider world.
Fingers crossed on that one;

> I wonder what the end cost will be, and how wide a bandwidth it will record?
> If it mentioned that, I missed it.

The "demodulalatable" recording bandwidth is a big question; the only bandwidths
mentioned are 470kHz as an image-free portion of the 500kHz bandwidth.  Best to
inquire of the developers I guess.   But it's good to see that the company is
still in the thick of things.  The Perseus sounds like the one to beat as of today.

Nick