Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Friday vs. SW British Columbia TPs, not really

At 12:45 5/9/2008, Steve R. wrote:
>Lots of MW hets today, over all the band.

Fascinating, Steve.  Here (admittedly without your superior antennas, but hey, I am closer to the ocean), I heard 1566 HLAZ fade up to barely readable just after its pattern change, then quickly faded.  Only other audio was a "barely there" presumed 4QR-612.  This and some of the other DU's seem to deliver weak audio even with quite wimpy carriers in the spring and summer.  I've never thought of them as overmodulated, so maybe it has more to do with the bulk of the potential interference being in daylight.

Otherwise, good strength carriers on 738, 774 and 1098, all DU, but most carriers were weak to non-existent, even though I started listening at 1210UT.     An odd carrier early on was 1593, which might have been Asian, but the direction wasn't really clear.

best wishes,

Nick