Re: [IRCA] TP's for 04-28-08

For a change, I woke up early this morning and gave the dial a try. Not
a bad morning including a few filipinos. I don't believe I have ever
noted filipinos this late in the year. From 1230-1330, I noted:

531    2PM/4KZ mix, noted at 1300, what sounded like "Four Kay Zed" and
another ID presumed 2PM.

550   KMVI  Wailuu HI, quite decent mixing with KOAC with Sports talk

576    2RN  Sydney, fair to poor with male talk.

594   JOAK  the best JJ of the morning, a good S9  at peaks.

612   4QR   Good with ABC News at 1304
639   Fiji?DU mix at 1250. Fiji with typial island mx, and male DU talk
underneath.

648    2NU presumed with a DU talk in passing at 1315

657    Presumed Southern Star NZ with the soft music at 1310

693   JOAB fair, but not nearly as strong at 594, noted in passing at
1340.

702   2BL presumed with Aussie talk at 1312.

729   JOCK Nagoya fair in KCBS's IBOC hash with man in JJ at 1318.

738   2NR presumed with man in Aussie talk at 1309.

774   JOUB rather poor and no sign of JOIB 747 in checking 1250.

783  UNID DU talk, sounded more Aussie than NZ, but hard to tell with
splatter.At 1307.

792   2RN  fair with woman talking at 1255.

828    JOBB weak with man with JJ talk at 1314.

891    4TAB good on top on 1311 with racing.

891   5AN good at 1329 with National weather

900    KNUI  alone on channel with spot for Maui advertizes, Pacific
Radio.com

927   Fiji? Sounded island mx weak at 1314.

981   DU here (Aussie presumed) with discussion with YL and man at 1245,
2NM?

1008    Jumble here, JONR and what sounded like a filipino at 1307.

1017   DX Double R, very good at peaks with Lotto numbers given, usual
game show type format and many comments in EE. "Mega Lotto" and "Mega
Jackpot" At 1310.

1026  DZAR presumed with the organ mx and man in Tagalog at 1312, much
weaker than 1017.

1035   UNID Filipino at 1322 over presumed 2ZB, but no ID possible, man
in Tagalog.

1107    UNID here at 1321, too weak to tell much, maybe DU?

1134   JOQR   The best commercial JJ all morning, noted in passing at
1304. Man in JJ.

Nothing above 1200 this morning I could tell. No sign of HLAZ 1566.

Drake R8
SW EWE

73,

Patrick