Re: [IRCA] Tried a couple new portables today.

At 06:31 AM 4/27/2008, you wrote:
>*** There are those who have sung the praises of the Etons, and I
>concede that some models are probably a lot better than others, but
>I've never seen much to like about them for AM/FM use. Maybe good for
>SW, but for AM/FM I agree.

Fellas, John Bryant used the E1 on his infamous DXpedition to Easter Island a couple of years back.  Results were very good, using 500' BOGs.  I've seen a power point presentation, along with audio clips.  He's a MW DXer, and the E1 was absolutely up to the task!......Walt
PS:  My limited results on MW support this.  When the TP DX is hot, it works every bit as well as many of my table top receivers on the 9 kHz channels.....Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC