Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] CKKW-1090 Kitchener ON applies to move to FM (99.5 ,2.2 kW)

On Friday 11 April 2008 16:43, Saul Chernos wrote:
Perhaps the trick is in the engineering. The right power, pattern,
height. I'd expect that CTV, the owner of CKKW, will be happy with
a signal that doesn't go too far oustide the Kitchener-Waterloo
area. Guelph in the east, London in the west, the same mileage
north and south. The 1090 signal gets chopped up pretty badly by
Baltimore. I'd heard rumours for a year or so that this was coming.
I'm not surprised. DX-wise I am glad to potentially have a new
workable channel. WBAL like all clears will be easily nulled.
Arkansas will be there, but so will other new DX goodies. Adding
99.5 with a couple thou watts won't do any serious damage to FM
DXing here.

There's no way that 1090 would become "workable" here.  Thanks to the
digital dribblings from WTIC and WTAM, 1090 is a basket case in this
locale.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON