Re: [IRCA] TIME & DATE WEB SITE (Pete Taylor)

Re: [IRCA] TIME & DATE WEB SITE (Pete Taylor)

Hi Pete: Pardon the old reply, I hadn't checked this email for a few
days.  Mr's Fybush and Edmunds chimed in, on this also.  Yes IN is now 3
hours ahead of the PT zone, full time, regardless of season.

Indiana used to be a non-conformist state, and not do DST.  From 1971 or
so to 2006 we did not observe it.  We just started observing it (again)
in the last few years.  From 71-06 most of the state was on "New York"
time during the winter time and "Chicago" time during the summer.
Basically we did not change our clocks for 35 years.  What "s" was
replying to was that some counties away from the IL border wanted to
stay Central.  It was a disjointed affair and they were allowed to do
this for 2006 but the Federal DoT stepped in and made them go Eastern
time in 2007.  It could have happened that EVERY county in the state
could decide Eastern or Central and DST or No DST.  That would have been
a cluster!  Long story short all of Indiana is now on DST.  Some
counties in far NW and SW Indiana are Central (as they always have
been), the rest are eastern w/DST.  Clear as mud?

73,
Dave in Indy

Message: 2