Re: [IRCA] Aussie-531 Audio Heard on SRF-T615 Ultralight at Grayland

At 23:00 4/20/2008, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>

>     Thanks very much to Bruce for the 531 tip, which  certainly produced the
>highlight of the morning.  Now, I'm just hoping  that Bruce (or somebody) can
>tell me which Aussie station I heard on 531  (the WRTH isn't so clear, hi).

Congratulations, Gary!  No matter which of the two "likely" Aussies  you heard, either would be a winner.  Have you seen their listed powers?  The NSW one is the usual at Grayland for me, and to confuse the issue, there's a New Zealander heard at Grayland also, but I think it's still Pacific Islands type programming, which is pretty distinctive.

I had neglected suggesting 531, as it's almost never heard here, but the channel is much clearer of interference than the more "in-band" possibilities.  Don't suppose you have a recording with a time stamp, hi!  This one would be worth chasing a QSL for, if they ever believed you.

To top it off, it wasn't a good DU morning here at all; nothing but carriers on the Flag and R8, so you did wonderfully digging them out at Grayland without long lengths of wire.

best wishes,

Nick