Re: [IRCA] TIME & DATE WEB SITE

Kevin S. Writes:

Yup!  A former midwesterner, I remember setting the clocks to EDT as soon
as I left Chicago on my way east - there are small parts of NW and SW
Indiana on CDT, but most of it is EDT.

But what Pete is referring to is that for most of our adult lives, Indiana, Arizona and Hawaii did not go onto daylight time. (In Indiana's case, that band around Chicago that was on CST did go CDT, meaning that the daylight time months were the only times the entire state went on daylight time (unless that little corner around Evansville which was also on CST moved.

I know when I typed the first NRC log, and for many years beyond, for the Indiana/Arizona/Hawaii stations we marked the ELT schedules with + signs to show that in the DT months, you had to add an hour. (Makes little difference now since most stations are NSP, pfui to them!)

I did not, while traveling in the west in the summer, that the Indian Reservations in Arizona observed Daylight Time ... they were considered to be federal land ... shouldn't Window Rock, then, be a separate country??? Ooops, drifting into worm-canning.

Memories get vaguer with age, so I do not specifically recall if, or when, Indiana decided it would switch to daylight time in conformity with the vast majority of the rest of the country.

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon