Re: [IRCA] CKKW-1090 Kitchener ON applies to move to FM (99.5 , 2.2 kW)

There are no empty FM channels between Rochester and Buffalo. Fact. Now, apparantly, they are adding translators in Buffalo on Rochester frequencies, e.g. 96.5.

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY

Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] CKKW-1090 Kitchener ON applies to move to FM (99.5 ,2.2 kW)

When I moved to Barre Center, NY (just south of Albion and almost exactly
between Rochester and Buffalo) I created an FM station list of the stations I expected to hear. (I would have created a TV list too, at least for VHF,
but I already knew I could watch channels 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,
and 13.)  That was in 1991.  I still have that list in the "Storage"
directory on my computer.  It shows stations in Buffalo, Niagara Falls,
Rochester, and all over the Niagara peninsula from the Toronto area south.
Sure enough, I could get them all.  But the most striking thing is that
nearly every frequency was occupied.  Since that time at least four new
stations have been added in NY alone.  I doubt they make a shoehorn large
enough to squeeze another one in, but people just have to try.

73
David