[IRCA] CBA-1070 sign off

I heard the actual sign off. It came at about 1137 UTC.
One of their old announcers was at the transmitter site with a current lady announcer.
They spoke about two engineers who were on site that were also involved in installing the current Nautel solid state transmitter.
Of course, they talked about how wonderful FM was.
Earlier in the morning, they played Steely Dan's movie theme "FM" during a teaser.
They played a brief clip of a balladeer singing about going off the air.
They took a long pause and went to a show out of Toronto.
I presume this was when the medium wave transmitter went off.
There was a mention that the Nautel was going to be disassembled.
I guess this means that there will not be a commericial broadcaster on 1070 at least in the near future from New Brunswick.
Has anyone heard anything about that possibility?

Karl Zuk  N2KZ> From: midcapemarc@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:21:51 +0000> CC: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [IRCA] CBA-1070> > I listened to CBA-1070 from 0500 to 0530 EDT this morning. Around 0515 EDT, after CBC news, they ran local New Brunswick news and weather. Following that they had a live announcement that the "AM-1070 transmitter in Moncton would be switched off." I did not hear the exact time that this would occur. I belive they announced that (NRC/IRCA member) Brent Taylor would throw the switch to turn off 1070. By 0530 EDT they were still on but suffering interference from the Plattsburgh, NY station, WTIC-1080 IBOC, and the New Brunswick sunrise.> > --> Marc DeLorenzo> South Dennis, MA> http://hometown.aol.com/midcapemarc/myhomepage/profile.html> _______________________________________________> IRCA mailing list> IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/irca> > Opinions expressed in messages on this m!
 ailing list are those of the original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers> > For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org> > To Post a message: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>