[IRCA] Beverage antenna change

Hi everyone,

After I got home from work tonight, I went out and cut the termination
on the Eastern beverage. I spliced a bit of wire on the end, and ran it
out to the last fence post near the river, only an addition of 15 feet.
I will give that a try for a few days to see if there is any difference
in the directivity. I have not been all that happy with the antenna
after having to raise it a couple years back in the middle, but I had no
choice. I feel lucky to even beable to keep it. I have had the beverage
for nearly 24 years now. In July it will be 24. In 2000 I replaced the
old wire. Then in 2006 I replaced the first 500 feet with stronger
copperclad wire that was lighter as I had to raise it that Spring. First
impressions as it gets near LSS, I notice both Astoria stations have
gone up about 10 DB. That I am not happy with. KSWB Seaside has dropped
10 DB, so I guess that equals out. The Portland/Seattle stations seem
about the same, but with the K going up, it is hard to tell for sure as
there is also skip now.  Time will tell. It Id don't like it, in a few
minutes I can reconnect the termination easily enough. In the past
having it terminated seems to make the wire more directional to the East
killing more lobes off to the side. So at this point, I don't know if
this will be better or worse.

73,
Patrick

Patrick Martin