Re: [IRCA] Short check of the AM Band

timhall1@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Some years ago I tried to do this with the erroneous Mexican entries
in the FCC database.  They sent back a snarky reply saying they were
only allowed to accept corrections from the foreign government
involved.  73 Tim Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

That's correct. Because the foreign entries in the CDBS database are there specifically for international coordination by US licensees, they pretty much have to be updated only by those governments.

The data does get updated occasionally - for the longest time, the entry for CKOC 1150 Hamilton in the FCC data was under "CKMO," for the short-lived callsign the station had been using the last time its record was updated, in 1992. At some point in the last year or two, the correct calls started showing again. My guess is that someone got confused about the 1150 Hamilton record and the record for the current holder of the CKMO calls, 900 in Victoria, and a call was made from Washington to Ottawa to straighten things out.