Re: [IRCA] Iowa HAR TIS hrd on 1670 from IL..BOGs fixed up

Re: [IRCA] Iowa HAR TIS hrd on 1670 from IL..BOGs fixed up

Neil,

I suspect your station is WQFA538 in Des Moines as you surmise. There are two operating units: one at Interstate 80/35 at University Ave, and the second is at I-235 at Euclid Ave.

    Hope this helps a bit.

                  Very 73 de Mike

Neil Kazaross wrote:
Anyhow, I was tuning in the X-band and as I passed 1670 noted weak EE talk under WTDY and mixing with weak SS from WVVM. I heard a couple ments of Highway Advisory Radio ... Iowa Dept of Trans. and presume it must be Des Moines as that's all I can find listed and here's a link to an IA HAR map http://www.dot.state.ia.us/research/State%20HAR%20Map.htm from their DOT.

The FCC TIS search has changed and even when I select all services, there are many known local TIS's not listed.