Re: [IRCA] More Ultralighting / Alignment Question

Re: [IRCA] More Ultralighting / Alignment Question

Hello Again Paul,

     Regarding your alignment question, it is highly  unusual for any SRF-59
to have factory frequency coverage anything other than  about 520-1750 kHz.  I
have done about 38 of these alignments for North  American DXers, and have
never yet seen one that didn't at least go up to 1700  kHz.  If yours doesn't, I
suspect it has been tweaked previously by someone  without a service manual.

     Anyway, the alignment procedure posted on dxer.ca  is suitable for
adjusting frequency coverage, as well as for peaking high and  low band signals.
If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself, I  will be happy to do it
for you, if you can ship the radio here to the USA.   If this is impractical, I
can send you a fully-aligned SRF-59 free of charge,  with coverage from about
520-1750 kHz.  The SRF-59 boom in North America  caused a great demand for
alignments about two months ago, but that has since  tapered off, so I would be
happy to help European DXers get peak performance  from their SRF-59's (most of
the factory units have sensitivity somewhat less  than optimum).

              73,  Gary DeBock

Home.