[IRCA] TP's for Mar 22

Started listening at 1345UT this morning, and not too different from yesterday, better on the top end of the band, and better later, with unusual stations being the top performers.  Not as many audios, but more at a more readable level.  1566 peaked just after 1400 (as did 594 which was better than its NHK2 counterparts) and then again after 1420UT, by which time the low band was dying quickly.

Asian unless otherwise noted:

pretty darn good audio (at least briefly):  none

reasonable audios (though often battling w/splash): 594, 1134, 1242 (see note below), 1566 later on

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise:  567 NHK1, 1386 (no NHK2 parallel available), 1503 NHK1

Burbles in the splatter:  612 DU, 639 DU, 747, 1575, 1593

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):  1098 DU, 1269

Note:  1242 and 1134 were both fading fast by 1400UT as I flipped back and forth, hoping to snag an ID; 1242 seemed likely JOLF per Japanese talk, but by the hour, there were either  two stations, or JOLF has odd pips.  What was heard sounded like 3 "cuckoo" sounds followed by a long tone, but I thought was more likely 3 short pips of differing pitch and offset in time, but with the long pip on the hour more or less the same pitch.

However, checked a recording made last September on 1242kHz, and the same pip sequence is on there too.  So now, I'm trying to find streaming audio for this station....http://www.1242.com/ is, not surprisingly, in Japanese, but usually one can find the "play" button somewhere....

Hmm, think I had some other things to do today.

best wishes,

Nick