Re: [IRCA] Matching Transformer 16-1 connected to Ewe

At 01:27 AM 3/22/2008, Dennis wrote:

>Just found out that I had the broadband loop matching
>transformer (ratio 16-1) connected to the Ewe this morning.
> The ewe matching transformer ratio is 4-1.  Wondering if
>using the 16-1 matching transformer was the reason for
>the higher channels to come in some much better than the
>lower.  No 774 JOUB with audio, thats the powerhouse
>Japanese station here.  If a TP is heard here, JOUB is always
>heard.  Will have to switch them and see if a difference is
>noted.

There were no changes in any antenna hardware here this morning, Dennis, and conditions did seem to favor the upper band.  None of the low band NHK powerhouses were particularly strong here.   Of course, you heard some pretty good DX,  so maybe that transformer helped, hi.

best wishes,

Nick