Re: [IRCA] WHOOOOPS -- It happened again -- to KFI

Re: [IRCA] WHOOOOPS -- It happened again -- to KFI

Patrick Martin wrote:
Mike,

At this rate it doesn't look like they will ever get the tower back up.
I am still wondering "if" the 100 feet less will make any difference in
their extended coverage. Since the tower fell, I do not hear KFI during
the day up here. I used to hear it most of the year. Even the carrier
weakly in June/July, if nothing else.

This isn't the first time a tower has collapsed during construction, nor is it the last. They'll get past this and get the thing rebuilt, probably within the next month or so. Too much is riding on it.

As for the reduced tower height (actually about 80 feet - the new stick will be 680' versus 760' for the old one), it's less of a factor than it might first appear, because the new tower will have a "top hat" that will add electrical height. If anything, the new stick might generate a bit more skywave than the old one did. You might hear it better when (and that's "when," not "if") the tower is finally rebuilt.