Re: [IRCA] SRF 39 FP Thailand 1575

WOW Dennis,

     Congratulations!  Many west coast ULR DXers  were trying for this big
prize, and glad to know that you finally did it (and  brought the ULR distance
record back to the west coast DX group, where it  belongs  :>)

     I tried hard for VOA-1575 at Grayland, but there  was just too much QRM
on the juiced-up SRF-39FP and DT-200VX.  I remember a  very loud station with
mention of Albany, Oregon, but didn't get an ID.

     The method of inductively coupling your SRF-39FP  to the effective NW
EWE antenna probably provides more actual gain  than using a 6.25" transplanted
ferrite loopstick, but I guess there are good  points with both methods.
Somebody at Grayland may be motivated to run a  long BOG and couple up to an
Ultralight, something I could have done, but didn't  think about it at the time.

     Now the big chase will be to log a DU station on a  ULR.  I know Nick is
going to Grayland soon, and Guy Atkins was there this  weekend.  I may go
back anytime, so your ULR distance record may not last  for long, Dennis  :>)
Congratulations again!

73,  Gary