Re: [IRCA] WNTP-990 DX Test Being Heard

At 09:10 PM 3/14/2008, you wrote:
>Right off the bat, at the top of the hour, code IDs,
>sweep and step tones from WNTP.
>
>LOUD on my Radio Shack DX-398 portable.
>
>Code and sweeps at equal strength.  Last about 3
>minutes, then back on again roughly 5 minutes later.
>
>73,
>
>J.D. Stephens - Hampton Cove, AL

Wish I could say the same thing here on the west coast.  Nope...a difficult channel sandwiched between 980 CKNW and 1000 KOMO.  All I'm hearing at the moment is a SS language station fairly weakly,  presumably KATD
in Pittsburg CA, which is // to 1010 KIQI San Francisco.  A ton of splatter, even with the Perseus which makes the  possibility of hearing sweeps or CW or tones almost impossible.  Still, I'll keep trying!  ......Walt in Victoria, BC