[IRCA] Sunday SSS

A bit of listening 3/9 at SSS.  Most notable was that local 1550 seemed
to be back to running their former format of Modern Country/Western
music.  At least they had a program of it on about 6:40 p.m. PDT
tonight.  Announced as K-You still & said they were the local radio
outlet for the Oakland A's.  I wasn't aware of that.

Other stuff.....not much but.....oh well!   1715-1750 PDT 3/9....

 660   No dominant signal, just several stations just above
audibility..Usually KTNN is all powerful.
 670   Strong KBOI
 700   Salt Lake City in with sports and dominant
 710  No sign of Seattle thru KFIA Carmichael
 720   No sign of KFIR thru KDWN Sin City
 790   Very strange here.  Looping NE (the only direction I can use that
doesn't have very heavy neighborhood noises) I had Boise atop with
preacher and KWIL Albany OR mixing with them with hymns.  Both Fresno &
L.A. the dominants seemed to have taken a vacation.  Wish I could get
them to do this beaming SE so I could hear the Winchester (LV) station.
 830  Orange barely peeking thru KNCO.  Usually KLAA is strong at this
hour.
 840  TIS WPEI433 S.F. strong atop with report of overturned truck on
I-280 near intersection with Cal 92 (San Mateo area).  Usually Belvedere
TIS is atop.  New Modesto station beneath all this.
 850  No sign of KOA
 880  Someone trying to cut thru KKMC with talk
1110 KLIB Roseville with nice strong signal (very unusual)..
1210 Assumed Rocklin with Spanish language religion.  Strong signal.
1220 Palo Alto carrying Lakers-Kings game
1250 Willits very strong in spanish.
1330  Someone in English atop. Most likely Shasta City.
1350  KSRO Santa Rosa getting squashed by next door KFIV Modesto on
1360.
1390  Turlock very strong in spanish
1410  KMYC Marysville mixing with KRML Carmel.  KMYC carrying
Lakers-Kings.
1550  KYCY with c&w music.  In tight null I could easily bring in a
station playing music in spanish, sometimes with no KYCY QRM.  Assume
this to be Reno KXTO as antenna was pointed right at them.

Like I said, not much to talk about.

Don K.
S.F. CA