Re: [IRCA] Max. Groundwave Propagation Distance?

Re: [IRCA] Max. Groundwave Propagation Distance?

Nick,

You are right, in Dec/Jan, I often have trouble finding a period in the
middle of the day(Noon) where I can find no skip, as adjusting the pots
on my EWEs get tricky. That is one reason I went with the 2.5K ohm ones
rather than the 5K ohm. I don't have to touch up the 2.5K ohm ones
often.
I am sure in Dec/Jan skip happens 24 hours a day here, or at least 22-23
hours.
I have heard the old China 1040 as late at 1045 PST and the carrier was
still there at Noon! This was back in the 70s. Then this Winter, I heard
JOIB/JOUB often after 1000 PST in the Winter. Also JOHR-1287. Sapporo
being so far North.  CBK is a regular here most of the year during the
day too. So Midday skip this far North in the Winter is influenced by
skip. No doubt about that.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin