Re: [IRCA] Baltimore Orioles Radio Network

Re: [IRCA] Baltimore Orioles Radio Network

Russ Johnson wrote:

It's sad to think about how the franchise has deteriorated from top to
bottom.

At the risk of verging into OT territory, ain't that the case. My hometown Rochester Red Wings were the O's top farm team from 1961 until just a few years ago, and most of those years were great ones - Cal Ripken Sr. managed here and Cal Jr. spent most of the 1981 season playing for the Wings. The O's used to play an annual game against the Wings in Rochester every spring that was a guaranteed sellout.

It got ugly under the current ownership, and we switched affiliations to the Twins in 2004 and haven't looked back.

And to bring this back on topic - the Red Wings will once again be heard on WHTK 1280 for most of this season, with a handful of weekday day games moved to WYSL 1040. (The fans in the stands love the WYSL games, because WHTK runs an IBOC delay and WYSL doesn't!)

I'm pretty sure the Syracuse Chiefs are on WNSS 1260, and I have no idea where the Buffalo Bisons land this year. They were on WECK 1230 last year (buying the time for the broadcasts), but WECK is under new management this year...