[IRCA] A Journey to the southwest

Group:

            Actually not that far southwest, just down to Scioto Furnace
near Wheelersburg.  There were a few interesting things on the AM.  There
was somebody playing gospel on 940, but way too much WRVC splatter to
identify anything.  I suspect WCND, but my most recent list says they are
oldies.  I also noted the 960 Prestonsburg, KY running talk //WQBE 950
instead of their former oldies format.  They are, of course, listed as talk
in the most recent Freshwater list, but the last time I was able to listen
to them they were oldies.

            WPAY, 1400, is on with conservative talk.  Noted carrying the
O'Reilly show.  The mystery was an SS with a pretty good signal and what I
believe would be characterized as a "Regional Mexican" format.  They had no
TOH ID @1400 and I never heard anything that sounded close to an ID.  I did
hear several commercials & some mention of Paris, so I suspect it was WYGH,
which is near enough to Lexington to have a potential Latino audience.  The
only other possibility in the area would be WMDT, Martin, but if there are
any Latinos that far up in the hills they are probably few.and lost.  So
apparently WYGH has changed from southern gospel to Mexican.

73's

David Faulkner  Albany, OH