[IRCA] 27 Feb TPs

 Listened again for a few minutes after 1400UT, then again starting at 1440UT for a few more minutes.  Again, signals seemed to be fade pretty rapidly around 1445UT.    Assumed Thailand on 1575 was the kingpin today, so much so that I tried for it on the barefoot SRF-59, using the ICF-2010 as a parallel.   I'm pretty sure, but not 100% certain, that I had about 10 seconds of talk on 1575 on the "Ultralight", but then it faded badly enough that it disappeared on the 2010 also, and didn't return.   I'm not claiming it because of the very brief nature of the reception, but will keep trying.

Asian unless otherwise noted (surprisingly, the NHK2 powerhouses weren't that good when I listened):

pretty darn good audio (at least briefly)  1575

reasonable audios (though often battling w/splash): 594, 1566

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise: 189, 747, 774, 1287, 1422

Burbles in the splatter: 279, 639 seemed CNR1, 828, 972, 1134, 1206 w/hum, 1269, 1386

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):  1098 DU

best wishes,

Nick