[IRCA] "300 in 30" ULR update

Hi;

Just wanted to give everyone an update in my quest to try what Rob Ross
has done, try for 300 stations logged in 30 days.  It doesn't look good
for the home team but what they hey, it's been productive and fun!  In
15 days, with a total of less than 4 hours of DX time, I have logged 105
stations on my ULR's.  This includes SEVEN new ones!  I don't think that
I'll come close to the "300 in 30" but I've had fun trying and have
logged 24 states, 3 provinces and four contries.  There are daytime
semi-locals that I STILL haven't logged / reported.

I finally got a "legitimate" ULR, a SRF-59 from Curtis Sadowski.  As you
may know, I have a GE AM-FM ULR that has been approved for the 2008 ULR
Sprint contest.  Also I've been using what I call pseudo-ULR's, Sony
cassette Walkmen, both PLL type.  Both of the cassette units were from
Goodwill Thrift stores and cost less than $3 USD apiece.  The GE was 49
cents.   I've heard new stations on every radio EXCEPT the SRF-59.  Only
a matter of time (and the fact that I DX in the dark and love the
presets on the cassette units, to ensure that I'm on my desired
frequency).

My States (since Feb 9):
AR CO GA IA IL IN KY LA MA MI MN MO NC ND NE NY OH OK PA SC TN TX VA WI.

My NEW ones:
620 CKRM-SK
1030 WNVR-IL
1060 WQMV-TN
(1060t WBIX-MA)
1370 WJQI-KY
1570 WLBQ-KY
1600 KDAK-ND
1670 WVVM-GA

Plus RVC-530 and many Cubans, which I don't log, since I only log US/Cdn
stations.

Dave Hascall
Indianapolis, IN