[IRCA] The DX Sprint is Next Weekend

Just a reminder that the first Cabin Fever Ultralight DX Sprint is scheduled to begin 30 minutes before your local sunset on this coming Friday afternoon (Feb29) and terminate 30 minutes after sunrise on Monday (Mar03.) Participants may DX as much as they wish during that time period, but may report and score only loggings that occur within the four hour window of their own choosing (some restrictions apply.) If you would like to join us in this wild and crazy event, a "Participant's Packet" is available on the Ultralight Files Area at dxer.ca.

http://www.dxer.ca/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,87/Itemid,77/

The Participant's Packet contains the Sprint Rules (the same as initially published) along with updated definitions of Ultralight Radio and the Barefoot and Unlimited Classes of receivers.

There are three categories of competition that may be entered, either using a Barefoot or an Unlimited Class radio:

Stations Logged: is simply a count of the stations identified during the 4 hour window selected

World-wide DX: the total mileage to the top five most distant stations, world-wide, logged in that four hour window.

Americas DX: the total mileage to the top five most distant stations, with both the transmitter and receiver located in the Western Hemisphere.

As it happens, I've just been informed that I'll be spending Friday through mid-afternoon on Sunday in Ft. Worth, Texas being a grandfather rather vthan a DXer, so my DX window will be on Sunday night or Monday morning, or both. I may only be able to enter the Americas DX category if my time is even more thoroughly compromised. Oh well, a one category entry is better than none, for sure.

So, if you have an Ultralight and only maybe an hour, give one of the latter two categories a shot.... you and I can compete in the Temporally-Challenged Division!

Gil Stacy and I are the Judges (and will examine each other's entries.) We are hoping to be flooded with entries a week from today!

As they say in the south, "Yawl, Come, Ya Heah?"

John B.
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, NRD-535(kiwa-mods)
Antennas: 700' NE/SW mini-Bev, Wellbrook Phased Array (pre-production version)