[IRCA] New ULR logs (incl. 1000 Mex and Colombia)

[IRCA] New ULR logs (incl. 1000 Mex and Colombia)

This 5-day trip to Burnt River did not yield much time to DX, but I did spend some time on the ULR and regular rig.

New logs on the ULR inlcude 980 WV Weston, which checks with bluegrass and, more to the point, an announcement mentioning Lewis County Hospital. It's brutal getting around CKRU Peterborough ON, my worst semi-local, but the Prison radio did this as well or maybe better at times than the longwire or Radio Shack loop on the sangean ATS909 portable. This at sunset a few days ago. I see they have upped their daytime power ina big way.

Also new last night was an echo of rebelde's baseball game on 670. Not sure where the second one is, but one has been previously reported, and noted on Bruce Conti's site.

The other new log, 1350 WZGM in NC, was noted on the sangean and south wire, very weak, but managed oldies and two call letter IDs. The channel was a real mess.

Notable relogs but heard on the Prison Radio: 930 "Pirate Radio" in NC. Doing very well and only the second or third time heard, ever! I would not have had the energy to get out of bed, and would not have heard WBIX test without the Prison radio. It was equal to KYW, with some Mexico City in there, too. If not for the ULR, I'd not have noted WMVP off. Stumbled to my main rig, logged Colombia and an unID Latin, and nothing more. Heard the same Colombian on the ULR and also got ID on Mexico. Both relogs. I did hear the words "en Colon" additionally / separately on the larger rig, in what seemed to be an ID, but can find no station in a place called Colon. The Prison radio did a decent job at wiping bad splatter from CKRU 980.

After a long day, when I am too tired to sit at the radio table, there is NOTHING like lying in bed with the ULR, catching new stations! Too lazy for words.

Saul