Re: [IRCA] AZ DX

Dan,

I wonder if it has to do with the poorer grounding in AZ being so dry? I
know the GYers in LV are nearly impossible to log these days and also
the GYers in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs), but there is a fair
distance involved too. I have quite a few AZ stations heard & QSL'd
through the years, but it has been over a 40+ year period. KTNN-660 I
can get when phasing Calgary and 1580 pops through with Radio Disney at
times. Then 1060 Tempe on rare AU occasions and also 1330 Tucson.
Sedona-780 occ u/KKOH also.  The rest of what I have heard in the past
10 years mainly have been DX Tests. The old KOY on 550 I used to get
maybe once or twice a year in the old days. I have not heard 550 Phoenix
in 20 years now. The only time I logged 620 Phoenix was once when KPOJ
was off during AU cx.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin