Re: [IRCA] DX'ing Back in the Day

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mike Hawkins wrote:
> > Russ,
> >
> > I don't have a complete listing of stations that have been on the
> air, but I
> > probably have better than 95% of them itemized.  If you need to
> figure out
> > who's who, let me know if I can help.
>
> And I've got a collection of Broadcasting Yearbooks back to 1936
> that's
> now better than half complete, as well as near-complete runs of Vane
> Jones logs, WRTH, a fairly decent set of White's logs, and whatnot -
> so
> if anyone has vintage DX that needs ID'ing, drop me a line off-list
> and
> I'm happy to help!

I've sent Mike and Scott copies of the clip. My 1974 White's shows only
WYTH Madison GA and then-WQDE Albany GA ( both locations continue to
have AM's today ). I thought I heard "Albany" in the clip, someone else
who listened to it supplied the "Gainesville" mention. The part of a
call I hear doesn't really sound like either, but there also appears to
be a mention of "FM98" which might be the unid or another station or
even WYSR. At least the other hidden ID's I've found so far have been
easier to figure out !

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]