Re: [IRCA] KOHI to 1700??

Mike,

As far as KAST goes, I am just repeating what their OM told me. There
was concern over 10 KW from the KAST site. As they were looking at 5 KW
there many years ago and were told, they may have to move. The CG was a
concern, enviormentalists in this day and all, the towers on the Bay,
New ground system,  etc. The FM had Priority and New NW BCers had just
so much money to spend. But you are right that some stations did not
want to chance the frequency move. After all KAST has been on 1370 since
the 30s and they are the number one AM rated station in the county and
has been forever. From a personal standpoint, I am glad they did let
1700 go as I did not look forward to a 10 KWer 5 miles away Their 1 KWer
on 1370 is not strong here and DXwise it fits me fine. Plus the plan was
to keep both frequencies (somehow) and continue to run News & Talk on
1370 and Sports on 1700. Mike, do you think the FCC will reopen X Band
apps and give stations a second shot?

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin