Re: [IRCA] KOHI to move antenna

And the difference in coverage between 1000W and 1500W will be un-noticeable
to everyone and everything except a Field Intensity Meter...

A directional array simply isn't worth it for KOHI and probably never will
be. And I don't think theres anyway the station could ever get enough of a
power upgrade non directional for it to be worth it and noticeable.

A 1KW transmitter is usually capable of 1,250 Watts maximum, but you never
want to run it past 1000W to be safe. The next step up in power levels
regarding transmtiters are 2500 to 3000 Watts depending on the manufacturer.

A 1 KW Transmitter can cost anywhere between $9500 and $14,000 depending on
the manufacturer. A 2500W to 3000W Transmitter would run around $30,000. If
KOHI were to get an increase in power of more then 300W but less then 1000W,
it'd be nearly non-nonticeable and they'd have to buy a whole new
transmitter.

Not worth it financially. Face it, KOHI is pretty much stuck wher eit is and
it'll most likely never change, coverage wise.

I mean, shoot, if one could afford to build a directional array and phasor
for KOHI, I, personally, could find someone much better stations for the $$$

Paul

--
Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.