[IRCA] Nice variable capacitors on eBay

Hi all:

I thought I would alert you to the "AIR VARIABLE CAPACITOR 3 gang 12~450pF
HAM RADIO", currently item 350024180026 on eBay.  This three gang variable
capacitor works very well, has a 2:1 reduction gear with a 1/4" shaft, and
there are plenty of soldering points available.  The seller has a bunch of
them, so the item number changes week to week.

What I REALLY like is that the plates are shaped such that the resulting
tuning scale is almost linear. I just rebuilt a large box loop last night,
and no more bunching of frequencies on the upper part of the band!  Plus,
with three gangs available, I put a second set of windings on the loop and
now have a LW loop as well.

Note that these come from the Ukraine, so shipping charges and wait time
are considerations.  With shipping, it is about $22.00 (or two for
$32.00), which is competitive with a lot of single-gang 0-365 pf units
here in the States after tax and shipping.  The package arrived about
three weeks after I placed the order.  I was happy with the communications
and response from the seller, the packing job was great, and this thing is
built like a tank!  It appears to be NOS from a now-defunct Soviet radiio
factory.

73 - Kevin