Re: [IRCA] Hets on the upper end of band + TWR Benin-1566?

At 05:11 AM 2/6/2008, Willis wrote:
>Doing a quick scan of the upper part of the AM BCB band I have hets
>on the following frequencies....

only 1215 and 1134 delivered weak carriers here so far as I could tell.

I wonder if your 1566 was the new Trans World Radio from Benin?  This
has been mentioned on the MW Circle list:

>THE BENIN TRANSMITTER IS ON AIR!
>"The Lord has done GREAT things for us whereof we are GLAD"
>
>GREAT celebration surrounds 01 February 2008 in Africa gospel broadcasting
>as Trans World Radio's first live broadcasts took place from their new
>station in the country of Benin.  Recent test broadcasts from the 100 kW
>medium wave (AM) facility resulted in response from as far away as Abidjan,
>Cote d'Ivoire and even Portugal - 3,200km away, surpassing the expectations
>of the engineers.
>
>Broadcasts can be heard on 1566 kHz in 14 languages.  The vernacular
>programmes are produced, where possible, within the country of the listener.
>Many months, even years, of preparation have now culminated in programmes of
>listening pleasure and challenge such as:  Bible storytelling, Bible
>studies, women's and children's' programs, praise music and more.
>
>http://www.twrafrica.org/0127.asp

per Mauno Ritola: "TWR says 0300-0535 and 1700-2130(-2145 Tue/Thu) UTC."

and the website has this:  http://www.twrafrica.org/Programmes-2/benin.asp

best wishes,

Nick