Re: [IRCA] Radio Disney

> This makes me curious Patrick. The Disney stations that I am familiar
> with are all network fed 24/7. So I would expect them to all be the
> same. The network sends a control signal down the line that tells the
> local computer when to insert local content and when to return to the
> network feed. So they should all air the same number of local inserts
> and do so at the same time slot within the hour. The only way to add
> extra liners or bumpers locally without talking over network content
> would be to insert them in place of the time allotment for local
> commercials or to compress the network feed enough to build additional
> space within the hour. So what does WQEW do that is different from the
> rest of the network?

Pat-
WQEW doesn't follow Disney to the letter. They will have baseball and
football games from time to time along with local adds. The Disney stations
in Florida insert a local ID during hour. EVERY RADIO DISNEY STATION WILL
HAVE A LOCAL ID SOMETIME DURING EACH HOUR!!!!

The trick is to force yourself to listen thorough all the crap during the
hour to get to the ID.
WQEW use to be one of my favorite stations, back when William B. Williams
was on it.

Willis
Old Fort, TN