Re: [IRCA] SRF-59 problem

I had this problem with the first SRF-59 I had years ago.

The variable tuning capacitor has very thin sheets of plastic insulating the plates from each other.
If the pieces of plastic either break loose or wear out you start getting scratchies.
My first one got to the point where I couldn't tune below about 900 kcs because it would short out.

The only other problem could be oxidation at the point where the rotors pivot.

Karl Zuk N2KZ