[IRCA] SRF-59 Repair and Alignment Resources

[IRCA] SRF-59 Repair and Alignment Resources

Hello All,

     Since many IRCA members have apparently  purchased SRF-59's recently,
they may be in the dark about the club's  own efforts to support and maintain
these thrilling little radios, for the  benefit of all members.

     An alignment procedure was developed an posted on  the IRCA list on
December 24th, after significant trial and error  discoveries.  The procedure
assumes the hobbyist has some patience, calm  nerves and determination, as well as
good eyesight.  The radio is tricky  to disassemble and reassemble, so
alignment should only be  attempted as a cure for known problems, not simply to
satisfy the owner's  curiosity about peak performance. If you do not feel
comfortable about this  alignment and are sure that your SRF-59 has a performance
problem, please  contact me off-list and explain the problem... it is possible
that either Steve  Ratzlaff or I can provide some assistance in maintenance or
alignment (if  free time is available).  I would also be happy to forward the
alignment  posting to any member who missed it.

73 and Great Ultralight New Year!

Gary DeBock