Re: [IRCA] QSL??? DX test CFFX 960

Willis, the price for mailing a letter out of Canada to the US was $0.89 a
year ago. $1US should be close enough for them. If you're serious, you
should find a Canadian club member to send you a couple in trade for some US
stamps.

I'm not sure what the difference is between a QSL that's sent by email and
printed vs. one that's printed at the station and sent in an envelope. They
might be the same unless you ask for the time, date and your name to be
added to it.

In the past 4 years I've only received what I consider to be 8 MW QSL cards;
3 foreign and 5 domestic. Three of the domestics were for DX Tests (KEVA,
KRSN, KCKN). They're getting pretty rare.

Good luck.

Martin Foltz
(recounting my QSL totals after reading there are rules to what I can count)

> Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:04:43 -0500
> From: "k4ape"
> Subject: Re: [IRCA] QSL??? DX test CFFX 960
>

> > re QSL, is this "card" or letter?  I don't collect cyber.
>
> AMEN and AMEN!!!!!   Cyber is _NOT_ a real QSL!  [And I don't want to hear
> anything from Patrick Martin and company on this issue. This is not open
for
> discussion.] Anyone can write up something on a computer and say they
heard
> a certain station.
>
> Konnie, it is my understanding that _ONLY_ cyber reports are really wanted
> and all others can go and 'take a long walk off a short dock'. This
encludes
> recodings. IF you have E-mail access, and you and I do, you don't get to
do
> anything in writing. Patrick suggested that since this is a Canada station
> and they can not use U.S. postage, that we enclose a few "coupons" to pay
> the postage. BUT, Saul said that IF you have e-mail you don't get any
snail
> mail QSL. Even if you pay for it.
>
> What it comes down to, at lease for me, is the same ole thing -- I don't
get
> a QSL of any kind no matter if I sent money or not.  I quit collecting
QSL's