Re: [IRCA] UltraLight Yahoo Group or Similar

Re: [IRCA] UltraLight Yahoo Group or Similar

Personally, I'd have no problem with a separate list for ultralight
discussions or posts or worship sessions, if it would be too
distracting from the general IRCA list.  I would hate to think it
would be, since ultralight DXing is just another part of MW DXing.  It
is just developing into a subsection of the hobby, like DXing with
crystal radio sets instead of $500 top-o'-the line rigs with beverages
and monster loops, or hams running QRP instead of full
kilowatts...same hobby, just a different subsection of it.  We all
need a break, especially when we get into a rut.  Me, whenever I send
in a log with my SRF, I just make a notation after the log that I
snagged the station with my ultralight, both on the list and when I
send in a report, hard-copy.

But if it is going to be too much of a distraction, then a separate
list would do no harm.  I don't see how it would harm the IRCA list if
an ultralight list was formed.  And I would intend to be active on
both.

John Cereghin  WDX3IAO
Smyrna DE

--