[IRCA] Fanatic Ultralight Network (F.U.N.) Plans For 2008.. Give Your Ideas!

[IRCA] Fanatic Ultralight Network (F.U.N.) Plans For 2008.. Give Your Ideas!

Hello All,

     If you are the proud owner of an SRF-59, SRF-M37V,  DT-200VX, DT-210V,
DT-180V, C.Crane SWP, or SRF-T615, and have experienced the  great thrills of
DXing with a tiny pocket radio, we want to hear from you!

     This sudden boom in pocket radio DXing took  everybody by surprise, and
we are attempting to organize in some way to provide  information, technical
support, and competitive challenges.  We are  all dedicated IRCA members, and
hope to spread our enthusiasm throughout IRCA,  providing not only benefits to
IRCA, but to medium-wave DX in  general.

     Some of the ideas already being discussed  are:

1)  Immediate, detailed information on new Ultralight  portables

2)  Cooperative sharing of the information from technical  experiments

3)  East coast and west coast Ultralight DXpeditions (to chase TA's  & TP's)

4)  Awards program for Ultralight TA and TP accomplishments (we are  all
honest!)

5)  East coast vs west coast competiton in overall transoceanic  reception
(yes, we really are honest)

6)  Competiton to receive the most countries in one year with an  Ultralight
portable (barefoot)

7)  Compettion to receive the most states in one year  (barefoot)

     This list is only a very small dream currently...  we need your
enthusiasm and ideas to make it a reality!  If you would  like to be a part of the
2008 Fanatic Ultralight Network (or if you just  want to say you think this whole
idea is a joke, and that we are all nuts),  feel free to express your ideas
off-list to me (and I will be happy to hear  even negative comments).

               73,  Gary DeBock