[IRCA] SRF-59 Eats IBOC For Supper!

Hello All,

      In a classic confrontation between  early-2007 negativity and late-2007
optimism, my "3-TP" SRF-59 was looking for  some new challenges, now that TP
conditions have been in the doldrums for a few  weeks.

     Casting its mean attention on the local  mega-slopping IBOC monstrosity
KHHO-850 (which normally covers 830-870 here on  most radios), in a slight
variation of the early tripod-tilting experiment  conducted by Dr. Kevin
Schanilec, PhD, Professor of SRF-59 Experimentation in  Bainbridge Island, I placed
the SRF-59 on a wooden table, nulled the pest (which  almost sent it into the
dust), and then put thin cardboard shims under one side  of the radio to tilt it
slightly... bringing me Denver-850 right under the  humiliated nose of the
IBOC failure (about 5 miles away).  Total  humiliating failure for IBOC!  Not
only the hiss frequencies, but even the  fundamental frequency was gone.

     So for those of you who still worry  about IBOC, please remember that
optimism always defeats pessimism, and  that IBOC (which is probably dying
anyway) is no match for those of us with  enthusiastic new ideas!

                                                                       73,
Gary DeBock.