[IRCA] SRF-59 on 1260

Sitting on 1260 kHz at 8:30 p.m. CST where XEL, "La Doce Sesenta" is dominant with its female-led talk, and in its null, I hear an ID for "Radio Ranchito", which is XEOG, Ojinaga, Chih., which I've never heard before here in Krum. XEL used to be non-existent here, but this year, it has dominated 1260 at night, indicating that, like many other Mexican stations, it may be using its daytime facilities. A few years ago, when I drove between here and El Paso, on New Years Day, 2005, XEOG was silent, but last year, the day before New Years, it was heard on the car radio.

There are two English-speakers also on 1260, and maybe a third Spanish-speaker trying to make it through. News Talk 104.1 and 1260, KSGF, just came up for an ID at 8:47. This little radio may breath some life into my DX.

Any ideas about a similar-sized, inexpensive MP3 type recorder that's connectible and compatible to the earphone jack.  Take about five of these on the road and collect lots of good airchecks.

Qal R.Mann, Krunudgeon