[IRCA] Christmas came early

I woke up a little early this morning and was rewarded with a good log
on WVON/1690 in IL. This is a good catch because I have a local (KDDZ)
on the same channel. I presume WVON was on day power and KDDZ was still
on night power. With the Kiwa loop I was able to null KDDZ almost
completely out at 8:20 AM EST. My best loop heading for Chicago is
almost at a right angle to KDDZ which was a big help. WVON was IDing as
the Talk of Chicago. I'll bet WLS loves that!

Speaking of WLS - I just saw the video of the attack on the WLS-TV
studio yesterday. Someone apparently intentionally drove a car through
the studio wall during a live news broadcast! I wonder if this will be
considered as a terrorism incident on a Federally licensed broadcaster?

Please keep all of the public safety folks and others that will be
working on Christmas day in your hearts. Since our studios are staffed
24/7 I volunteered to work the master control shift from 11 AM to 7 PM
on Christmas day and then back at midnight for another 6 hours on
Wednesday morning. I'm sure the jocks have all voice tracked their
shifts so I'll probably be alone. I just hope there is something good on
the DirecTV in the studio to keep me awake! Maybe someone's voice track
will fail and I'll get to go live!

Merry Christmas to all.

Patrick Griffith, CBT CBNT CRO
Westminster CO