[IRCA] More radios... perhaps a new record.

[IRCA] More radios... perhaps a new record.

In November 1973, I bought my 1st "Communications type receiver"
the DX150B from Radio Shack (I still have it...)
In 1988 I bought a DX440 -- arguably my first "digital" receiver.
In 1996 I acquired a Kenwood R2000 from Walt Salmaniw -- still a darn
good radio.
In 2005 or so, I bought a Drake R8 from a local DXer and then
in 2007 I bought an Eton E1 from RCI Legend Ian McFarland...

But this all pales in comparison to today when Santa, disguised
as a Canada Post employee dropped off a box, assembled in one
of Santa's toy-land factories located near Puyallup, Washington...
and the box contained no less than the Sony SRF-59, The Sony SRF-M37,
The Sony ICF-S10Mk2 and the Sangean DT-200VX!

4 receivers acquired in one day. Now, unless I am mistaken
that may best the previous record held by Walter Salamniw(kidding).

My wife Andrea took one look at the booty and declared:
"Stocking stuffers!"

So. I get to re-open them and express delight with each one.

On a similar topic, I had thought about holding a poll about
what one individual dxer created the most buzz or enthusiasm
on the IRCA list...

In answer is pretty clear.
In a year where the AM Band appeared to be doomed by digital noise,
one man brought joy to a lot of DXers by bringing to our attention
the challenge of taking a more simple road: Ultra-light radio listening.

3 cheers for Gary DeBock who made contributions to the hobby above
and beyond the call of duty.

And yes, I am a sucker for small gifts!

--
Colin Newell - Editor/Creator coffeecrew.com | dxer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing