Re: [IRCA] SRF-59 Audio Phasing success

Thanks, Gary - this is really fun stuff.  I'm glad you discovered these
Ultralights - they inject some welcome energy into the hobby for me.  I
have noticed that one of my SRF-59s must be out of alignment, since it is
noticeably weaker than the other, so I may have to get another one...

I was working with 1590 and 1680 last night, whose transmitters are less
than two miles from me.  I could get them down into the weeds, but
couldn't locate anything to take their place: the SRF-59s could probably
use some RF boost.  I would imagine that this technique would work with
any identical two receivers, and if two GE SuperRadio 3's were paired,
with their oversized ferrites, there may be several stations waiting to
step up.  Of course, the radios are huge, and I have found that holding
the SRF-59's one in each hand allows for quick and flexible rotation to
find the sweet spot.  Also, the apparent production quality on the GE's
may be such that the two units wouldn't be that close in sonic quality.
Still, for around $80, one could possibly have a very effective set-up.

Kevin