[IRCA] The SRF-59's First Kill

My SFR-59 arrived yesterday and I've had a chance to play around with
it.  I must say, from first impression, it's lived up to all the hype.
 I am very impressed with it's nulling ability.  It is able to null
out all of my local except for one so far, in just casual listening.
I work in a DX hellhole- computers and other DX killers galore, but it
pulls in a fair number of signals here at my desk at work.

Last night, I plopped on the couch, suffering from a bad headache,
while in the middle in a major moving job that involves moving my
study/shack upstairs while moving the bedroom of my two youngest boys
downstairs- a major project, let me tell you.  My shack is in shambles
at the moment, but I had the SRF, so I fired it up.  It latched onto a
signal on 560 IDing as "Sports Radio 560", emphasizing South Florida
sports talk.  Right about then, I fell asleep and missed the ID, but
I'm sure I had WQAM in Miami.  That's not a new station for me, but
the fact that I was able to totally null local WFIL in Philadelphia
and pull in WQAM like a local was amazing!  And there was a
unidentified station on 560 playing country music that I couldn't ID.

Yes, I am impressed.

Round 2 tonight, since the shack is still not DX-ready.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

--
http://www.pilgrimway.org/dx.html