Re: [IRCA] Trans Pacific?

At 05:34 13/12/2007, you wrote:
>This morning before local sunrise at 7AM PST in Vic,BC
>heard strong whisle on 830 with oriental translation
>program narrated by male and female speaking English
>and Chinese or other oriental language.

JOBB from Osaka on 828 can be pretty strong here, Bill, and has
lessons in English as well as other languages.   You might find a
parallel on 774 or 747 kHz.   It has 3 short and one long time pips
on the hour.

Although I've been leaving early for work the last few days, and
haven't much time for DX, the propagation monitor isn't sleeping, and
it looks like conditions have been pretty good the last couple of
days, especially overnight.  But, sunrise enhancement is still
happening, especially in the upper band, and it was reasonably good
this morning.  The peak was about 1530UT (7:30 am PST) for the lower
band and about 15 or 20 minutes later for the upper band.

best wishes,

Nick