Re: [IRCA] web mailers

> DOS based UUCP email?
> Are you using something like JNOS or TNOS?

Nope.  A Wildcat 4 BBS that still has FIDOnet and a couple other networks.
I use WCGate to toss the mail, and Internet Rex as the SMTP server.  The WWV
reports are automatically run by the ViaMail mailer scheduler.  The Wildcat
BBS does much of the work by running an FTP program to grab the data, a DOS
utility I wrote formats it and adds the day and a half's history, and
Wildcat tosses the message into the email echo.  WCGate exports it, and
Internet Rex sends it to the list.

Chowdanet BBS  1:323/120
Dialup access at 401-724-4410 and telnet://chowdanet.com

Not much left of FIDOnet these days, and many of the othernets are folding.
RIME just went dark, and Adventurenet just before it.

The Chowdanet BBS is an outgrowth of a mid-80's ham packet radio bulletin
board.  I remember all too well the 40 character wide screen I used to use
on my TI-99/4A computer for packet.  The 80 character wide RS232 terminal
was a great luxury compared to that.  Man, how far we have come since those
days...

Craig Healy
Providence, RI